Chick-ﬁl-A of Lake Travis Chief Quality and Safety Oﬃcer (CQSO); aka Kitchen Manager The Kitchen Manager has the responsibility for leading all aspects of daily Back of House operations of our quick-service restaurant. It’s a comprehensive opportunity and the Kitchen Manager role is a major component in making Chick-ﬁl-A of Lake Travis a leading restaurant and community hub for the Lake Travis area. The Kitchen Manager will be in charge of the back-of-house and will work to ensure that daily operations prioritize best-in-class food safety as well as top-in-chain marks for food quality. The Kitchen Manager will be responsible for directing the eﬀorts of 30 kitchen staﬀ across all dayparts.
Key job responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with company standards in all areas of back-of-house operations
• Strategic leadership of food safety and quality through systems and key subordinates
• Thoughtfully create weekly schedule for all back-of-house Team Members
• Assist with back-of-house Team Member training (through Kitchen Training Director)
• Oversee kitchen maintenance and repair (through Facilities Director)
• Manage inventory systems to ensure suﬃcient supply and thoughtful organization
• Anticipate needs for an oversee back-of-house recruiting and hiring
• Oversee measurement of taste and speed scores across all dayparts
• Maintain ﬁnancial accountability to key controllables (food, labor, paper, R&M)
• Assist in the development of key kitchen leadership to ensure food-safe, high-quality food is delivered quickly across all dayparts
• Other duties as required.
• The ideal manager will teach not just do.
• He/she will inﬂuence peers, subordinates, and superiors to gain support of initiatives, aﬀect change, and achieve organizational goals
• He/she will consistently learn from (and share with) other kitchen managers within Chick-ﬁl-A to ensure we are continuing to grow and innovate in thought and execution
• He/she will possess excellent follow-through to ensure that change happens, project plans are followed, and that desired results are achieved
• He/she will have a bias for action and a desire to achieve greatness
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2-3+ years as a Kitchen Director/Manager
• Must be 21+ years old
• Must possess excellent communication skills (preferred bilingual)
Working at Chick-ﬁl-A
A job at Chick-ﬁl-A of Lake Travis is more than just a job; it's a stepping-stone to a successful future in the world of business. In addition to a meaningful leadership role within one of America’s most-beloved brands, the Kitchen Manager will work directly with the franchise owner (Owner/Operator). The Owner/operator of this location is an independent business person, responsible for the operation of the restaurant, who invests time in his or her employees, teaching them important business skills for the future.
Competitive Pay & more Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable business and people skills.
Our pay scale will be $18-22/hour depending on experience.
Additionally, Chick-ﬁl-A of Lake Travis also oﬀers health insurance, a 401k retirement plan, vacation pay, and optional bonuses for qualiﬁed team members.
Flexible Hours • We are, and always will be, Closed Sundays, All Chick-ﬁl-A restaurants are closed on Sundays so you can have a day oﬀ to spend with family and friends.
• The Kitchen Manager needs to be available to work opening, closing, and midday shifts depending on needs of the restaurant. This individual will spend approximately 70% of their time on shift leading the operation and 30% of their time doing strategic tasks speciﬁc to Back of House needs.
• You probably have commitments to your family, friends, school or sports teams. We will try to arrange your work schedule around them.
It's a Great Place to Work At Chick-ﬁl-A of Lake Travis, our Operators consider their team members to be more than just employees, they are a highly valued part of each Chick-ﬁl-A restaurant. Our high retention rate is proof that team members really enjoy working at Chick-ﬁl-A.
Opportunities for advancement available to qualiﬁed individuals.